• Navigation: Daily requests from families asking questions and needing navigation. Currently there are over 110 families that have reached out and we helped guide and support 1:1, since opening.
• Advocacy: Working alongside parents, providing custom letters to raise awareness on the long wait times for assessments and advocating for access to private funding.
o Working alongside the Fraser Valley Child Development Centre, MCFD and more, to gain awareness of our presence here in Chilliwack as well as to learn the community needs and generate programs. MCFD is starting to filter most families at an intake level, to our Centre.
o School district 33 + private schools. Held our 2nd pro-d day tour at the Centre. Education Assistants come in for a tour and to learn about what is available. Partnered with Autism Support Network, who joins us virtually to discuss ABA and its benefits.
• ASD Online Community Mentoring: Part of several FB groups that ask dozens of questions a day about ASD in BC. Providing recommendations and resources.
• Employment Works: https://employment-works.ca/. Employment works is a 12 week pre-employment soft skill course for young adults. This course is 2.5hrs, twice a week and is run consecutively throughout the year. Each BC locations is part of the team that leads and teaches the students enrolled. Currently the program is through zoom, however in September, hoping for in person with in-field shadowed experiences.
• Covid Buddy Match Up: Matching up friends when requested. Encouraging online meet ups with a buddy of similar interest and age.
Bonus Statistic: The Fraser Valley PAFN hosted a virtual meet with Santa for Christmas 2020. Over 130 kids in total met with Santa from the privacy of their homes. The families were then provided with a recording of the meet, for future viewing or to share with family and friends.
Programs that will resume when the world is healthy again. We are hoping in September.
• Boys club
• Little Boys Club
• Parent education/social
• BI & Me Club
• Fraser Valley Connections
• Birthday Club
• Teen Club
• PAFN Fly program
• Hockey exposure program
• Symbiosis Pediatric Therapy (SPT): They provide behavior, occupational and speech and language therapies. They have a large gym therapy room, which includes monkey bars, a zipline, ball pit, swings and a rock climbing wall. https://www.symbiosispediatrictherapy.com/
• Unique Get Together Society (UGTS) : They provide one on one supports for any situation and are all inclusive. Furthermore they have a sensory room for rent at $10 a hour for the public. Spring and summer camps are ran, based on enrollment numbers. https://www.uniquegettogethersociety.com/
• Autism Support Network (ASN): The Autism Support Network aims to create a secure and inclusive community of support, ensuring that families of those with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) have access to quality, science-based treatment, so that those with Autism may reach their full potential. ASN is currently working from their home office, however pre-post covid, they are in house here at our Spoke twice a month to meet locally with families and to run parent education sessions regarding ABA therapy. https://www.autismsupportbc.ca/
The above are able to operate in our community, based on PAFN being open and available for tenancy at a very affordable rate.